Plan Your Trip
- Thinking of riding Pou Herenga Tai – Twin Coast Cycle Trail?
- All the information you need to plan your ride is right at your finger tips.
- Trail details, maps, bike hire and shuttles, accommodation, things to see and do and what you can do surrounding the trail, plan your whole adventure right here.
- The ride can be done over 1 to 3 days and there are many other activities to do in the surrounding areas which are rich in culture, history and natural beauty.
- You will find most of the trail off-road, where you can cycle two abreast.
- There is some on-road cycling but they are quiet country roads.
- Tunnel closed for repairs – Opua to Kawakawa. The tunnel on the Opua to Kawakawa section of the Pou Herenga Tai – Twin Coast Cycle Trail is temporarily closed for repairs. A detour is in place and the trail remains open. Cyclists are advised to walk their bikes across the detour, which is steep in parts. We apologise for the inconvenience and will update you on progress.
- On the trail between Kawakawa and Kaikohe there is the standard detour from the trail onto the road for a short distance. Cyclists please be note that there are currently road works on this section of road, but you can still ride along it.
How about This...
Some other information you might be interested in
Your contribution counts
Put Your Business on the Map
THE RANUI – Passenger and Cycle ferry service between Horeke and Kohukohu and Rawene.
This beautiful boat provides a number of great options, you need to call them to book phone 022 644 3599
This is more than just a boat ride – the skippers tell you the most amazing stories and bring the Harbour to life! The scenery is amazing! And the trip becomes a memorable part of your time on the cycle trail! Take time to explore the area.
Passenger and Cycle ferry service between Horeke and Kohukohu and Rawene.
Running passengers with or without bikes
There is a set ferry each Tuesday around midday. Horeke to Kohukohu
$40 inc bike to Kohukohu
$60 inc bike to Rawene
The Ferry service does run often but you must call to book your transfer – 022 644 3599