Aperahama Church

A visit to this historic church is well worth the short ride from Kaikohe. It is a Gothic revival church built by and thought to be named after Aperahama Te Awa, a prominent Māori churchman who died in 1884 and who lies buried in the churchyard. The first church built on the site in 1837 was visited by Samuel Marsden on his last voyage to New Zealand.

Scroll to Top